Monday, April 21, 2014

Mojo Monday #342

Mojo 342 photo Mojo342jpicA.jpg

Branched out on my colour scheme this week LOL!  I don't work with purples and burgundy very much, but tripped across this wonderful Juliette SEI paper pack while looking through my 6 x 6 pads and decided it was time to shake things up a bit.  Not exactly spring colours, but I like the outcome :)

Verve's Kind Words is one of my favorite sets. The sentiments are fabulous (I know, I say that about all of Verve's sets LOL), and I love this flower silhouette.  The All Aflutter butterfly dies were layered and a touch of sheer, black ribbon balanced everything off.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.  
 
Wanda Cullen

We had a wonderful Easter weekend.  Good Friday is always somber as one reflects on Christ's crucifixion, but oh the JOY of celebrating Christ's resurrection on Easter Sunday!!  He has Risen indeed!

Thanks for popping by today and wishing you a great week ahead! 
   

 
What's In It?
Stamps:   Kind Words (Verve Stamps)
Paper:   Juliette (SEI), Rose Romance (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:  Black, Perfect Plum (Stampin' Up)    
Accessories: 
All Aflutter Dies (A Cut Above by Verve), Stitched Circle Dies (Lil' Inkers), Scalloped Border Punches (Stampin' Up), 5/8" Sheer Black Ribbon, Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful...I love the plaid paper and the soft stamped flowers Marisa.

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Marisa. I really like the sweet flower silhouette and the butterflies have such pretty shapes.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card- love the center paper panel

Maureen said...

a softer palette, but could work for spring perfectly. So sweet :)

nwilliams6 said...

So sweet! Great colors, sweet sentiment, and it is all beautifully put together. The black really sets everything off and makes the flowers pop. Lovely work Marisa. Hugz!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love this Verve set a lot, too. Reach for it very often.

This is beautiful!

Wanda Cullen said...

Lovely, lovely card and yes...I love those silhouette flowers a lot as well!

Vickie Z said...

Purples and burgundy are my " scary movie" equivalent!! This is fabulous!! Wonderful use of the colors and sketch!! I was actually doing Internet paper searching and looking for some purples to help me out when the occasion arises :)

Unknown said...

Oh My!! What a gorgeous colours Marisa! I really love this one. It's as pretty as a picture and a great take on the sketch! xxx

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty, great colors and I adore the scallop edge. I think I need that one. We had a good Easter, glad your was too.

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful. Yhe black touch makes your card so smart. I love this.
Mélanie (Mel toi au scrap)