Monday, July 14, 2014

Verve Diva Dare July 2014

** This is my second post of the day. Scroll down to see my Mojo Monday card ** 


This month's Diva Dare is entitled "Inside Out".  What we are daring you to do is make a card and continue the design on the inside for a special surprise for the recipient. 

DD July 2014 photo DDJuly2014.jpg

I simply adore this flower and butterfly image from Happy Place, with the added bonus of having the coordinating Happy Doodles die set!  Pulled out some old SEI paper I had and kept things rather bold with all the black.  A touch of colour on the two images using Twinkling H2Os to pick up the blue in the paper.

DD July 2014b photo DDjuly2014b.jpg

For the inside of my card, I carried over the flower image and added a sentiment.  In hindsight, I would have added a black mat and a small strip of the SEI paper from the front along the bottom to ground the flower a bit.  However, after having just finished participating in a 420 kid VBS last week, I was lucky to find my way to my craft room LOL!  Needless to say I was wiped out and not firing on all pistons when I created the inside of this card!  My apologies!

In true Verve fashion, where there is a dare, there are prizes, and this month's dare provides two prizes: one for a randomly selected participant and one for a randomly selected commenter! 

Want to get all the details on how you can win some Verve Stamps?  Simply head on over to the Verve Blog to get all the challenge details!













What's In It?
Stamps:   Happy Place (Verve Stamps) 
Paper:  Desert Springs (SEI), Black, White 
Ink:   Black
Accessories:   Happy Doodles Die Set (A Cut Above Verve), Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Swiss Dots and Chevron Embossing Folders (Provo Craft), 5/8" Sheer Black Ribbon (Michael's), Twinkling H2Os, Bling, Dimensionals

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Marisa this is just gorgeous with a lovely unusual fresh colour palette. The ribbon is so chic and ties everything together perfectly.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Stampingcountry said...

Interesting color combination!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Marisa. Love the pretty butterfly and flower images. The blue has a nice hue.

Darlene Gabriel said...

This is beautiful Marisa. I love this butterfly and these flowers - especially the way you've coloured them. Pretty inside too.
I love doing the inside of my cards, so this is going to be a fun diva dare challenge for me;)

Maureen said...

love those flowers, can't wait to play!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Marisa!

Bonnie said...

This is so classy, Marisa! I'm amazed you could even see straight after VBS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you finishing off the inside too! Lovely card - fabulous color combo~

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. LOVE the flowers and coordinating dies that make all the difference. THe touch of blue against the earthy colours works wonderfully! xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Cool image can colors - very cool card. You did a fab job on this. Hugz!

cm said...

I'm feeling like the Queen of Repetition, but seriously, Marisa, your cards dazzle and delight immensely! The flowers and butterfly (swooning) are the stars of the show, and carrying the flowers into the inside is such a special touch. Yet another card to adore!
~c