Monday, September 29, 2014

Mojo Monday #365

Mojo 365 photo Mojo365pic.jpg

It's tall and skinny week over on the Mojo Monday blog and Julee has created this fabulous sketch for us to work with.

Love banners on cards and I jumped at the chance to use some of my hoarded Stella and Rose MME papers.  Just adore this paper pack with all the wonderful fall colours and am quite stingy with using them LOL!

Another favorite of mine is this wonderful flower/leaf combination from Dream Big.  I never tire of using either of them.  Added a some twine and a bow along with a small sentiment tag from PTI to finish things off.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


We survived our first week of school after the teachers strike and an extended summer vacation, and are all tired to prove it LOL!!  It's been an adjustment to early mornings for everyone again, as well as adding my two days of work into the mix.  I have never had to leave the house for work since the kids were born (ran a daycare out of my house for ten years), but they are at the perfect age for this to occur and am feeling very blessed all round.

Challenges - The Pink Elephant
                   Simon Says



What's In It?
Stamps:  Dream Big (Verve Stamps), Tiny Tags (PTI) 

Paper:  Stella and Rose (My Mind's Eye), Early Espresso, Kraft, Old Olive (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:  Elegant Leaves and Scalloped Flowers Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Tiny Tags Die (PTI), Border Punch (Stampin' Up), Twine, Button, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

15 comments:

Lynn said...

I love all the rich patterns on your card Marisa. So glad the first week of school went well.

Unknown said...

Beautiful take on the sketch Marisa.
Give me the same items to make a card and it would look nowhere near as fabulous as yours! xxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

So pretty, loving those hoarded papers of yours. ;)

I am glad you are enjoying your new work routine. Was thinking of you on Friday when I applied for a job at a chiropractic office (!). Fingers crossed!

Danni said...

This card is so striking with the black accents! I just love it!

Glad you all survived the first week of school!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You have just an amazing talent with pattern and color! Love those fish tails!

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. Love the banners.

Benzi said...

A very pretty mix of patterns for the banners, Marisa. Yes, a gorgeous flower AND card.

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous, Marissa! And I adore that little tag with the heart! Love your colours and border. You always rock in my book.
Hugs!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a beautiful card. I love these papers. I love the added twine and tag (especially the punched heart). I'm glad you all survived your first week;) That must be quite a change for you going out to a job away from your home. I hope it goes well for you.

cm said...

Tall, slim and stunning...the papers, the banners, the gorgeous bloom. Oh yes, I am smitten!
~c

Lee-Anne said...

Perfect mix of patterns, Marisa! Love the twine and tiny tag...so adorable!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous papers Marisa! Love the circle tag!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Marisa. Love the banner and the papers... the sweet little tag looks awesome... beautiful flower.

kReN said...

BTW, what are the dimensions for tall and skinny cards? I need to try one!

Lots to love here! Thanks for the inspiration!
kren dot kurts at gmail dot com
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

kReN said...

Who could not love the mix of patterns and subtle colors of this card. I love what you did. Bravo!
Lots to love here! Thanks for the inspiration!
kren dot kurts at gmail dot com
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com