Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Burlap Banner Reminder

CC Oct 21 photo CCOct21pic.jpg

Time for our mid point, Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge Burlap Banner reminder.   Still lots of time to play, and here is my second take on the challenge.

I decided to have fun with some burlap this time round.   After all, it is in the challenge title LOL!  Pulled out my stash and made a fish tail banner instead of a pendant one.  With all the glorious fall colours beginning to emerge on our maple tree lined street, I had leaves on the brain so went with it (plus I have been neglecting my favorite leaf dies just a bit wink, wink).

The maple leaf is actually dark chocolate brown, even though it does look black in the photo.  Used our sponsor, The Twinery's, orange twine for my accent colour, and it wasn't until after the photo was being edited that I noticed the one twine "tail" on the button bow was crossing over into my sentiment- sorry about that!   As a side note, I coloured in the skull and crossbones image on the bottom border hexagons as it just didn't fit my theme.  The many uses of my black, felt pen LOL!

Love to have you come and join us if you have not already!



What's In It?
Stamps:   Autumn Acorns, Leaf Prints, Modern Wood Mats (PTI)   

Paper:  Thrilling (Authentique), Early Espresso, Only Orange, Kraft (Stampin' Up), Cream Linen
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  Leaf Prints and Labels Die (PTI), Burlap, Twine (Twinery), Button, Glue Dot, Dimensionals 

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Marisa, I love the burlap banner and the brown leaf!

Benzi said...

I like the combo of twine and burlap. Just a beautiful card. I can see why the skull and crossbones wouldn't work. :-)

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Marisa. Love the big leaf as your focal point... the button is perfect on it... the burlap piece gives a nice texture to your card. Wonderful design.

Maureen said...

what a fun banner! Perfect for fall :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful Autumn card, Marisa! Love the burlap banner!

Lee-Anne said...

Texture, texture, texture...love this, Marisa! Life seems to be getting in the way of spending time on other people's blogs...including you :)

Betty Wright said...

Love how used these colors! Great textures and details, Marisa!

cm said...

Texture, dimension, layers, colours/pattern and images...again, you've combined all into a stunning card. So incredibly pretty (and colouring in some of the hexagons = good plan!).
~c

nwilliams6 said...

Love, love, love the burlap, textures and colors on this! Perfect fall card - you are one of the great masters of fall cards! Hugz