Monday, October 13, 2014

Mojo Monday #367

Mojo 367 photo Mojo367pic.jpg

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian followers!

This week's sketch is brought to us by Sarah.  When I saw the stripes, I thought of designer paper, and since I was in the mood to change things up a bit, a Christmas card emerged!  Not exactly the right theme for today, as it is Canadian Thanksgiving, but it is the next major holiday so I'm going with that LOL!

Dug out some old Stampin' Up papers for the bottom panels, add scallops with half pears, some twine and this sentiment from Christmas Carols by Cas-ual Fridays Stamps because it has my favorite word, "joy". A quick, CAS card that would be easy to mass produce if you needed to.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday and it was great to have mom back at the table with us. She has been release from hospital and is doing much better.  Fingers crossed the trend continues!  Off to enjoy a fun day as a family.


What's In It?
Stamps:  Christmas Carols (CAS-ual Friday Stamps)   

Paper:  Designer Series Paper, Real Red, Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up), Cream Linen 
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  Medium Scallop Die (PTI), Twine, Black Half Pearls, Button, Glue Dots 

14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

That dp sure makes this card sing! Hope you had a great T Day~

cm said...

Simply stunning, Marisa; the paper you've chosen is gorgeous, and the banner, black dots and sentiment are eye-catching touches, indeed! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family! Your generosity in sharing your creativity with us, and especially your warm, supportive comments on my blog - for these I am so grateful! You're a treasure!
~c

Darlene Gabriel said...

Happy Thanksgiving from a fellow Canadian:) I'm so happy to hear that your Mom could be at your family dinner - God is good.
Your card today is so beautiful. I love the sweet DPs you've used and the scallop trim with the black pearls set them off so perfectly.

Treva said...

Lovely card, pretty paper and I especially like the twine bow!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Marisa. Love the striped papers, the scallop border... the pearls look great. So glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving dinner.

Betty Wright said...

Great design, Marisa! Perfect Christmas card for mailing, too! I must try this MOJO!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the papers and design of your card.

Jen Mitchell said...

Wouldn't you know I still have some of that paper! I love how it looks on your card with the scallops, the button and twine and the simple sentiment. So beautiful!

Maureen said...

Yikes, Christmas already! So fun!

nwilliams6 said...

So lovely Marisa! Love the paper you used and how you totally made it show off here. I promise I am coming back in the next few days and catching up on your beautiful blog - can't miss seeing how you make paper dance! Hugz and hope you are doing well!!!

Kim S said...

What a fun and festive mix of papers to show Christmas "joy"!!

Tracey McNeely said...

These patterns and colours just right out at me! Gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

Thought of you on Monday as I remembered it was Canadian T-giving! Hope you had a special day! Love your use of designer papers for this great Christmas design!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I've got some more of this paper, too! Love how you dressed it up here.

So glad your mom could be at Thanksgiving with the family. :) Must've made ALL of you happy!