Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Viva La Verve - October Week 1 Recap

VLV Oct Week 1 Recap photo VLVOctWk1recap.jpg 

Time for this week's Viva La Verve sketch recap.  I was thrilled when I saw the sketch as it meant I could use the newly released Masquerade set again.  This is such a fun set, especially for those of us who are not big on Halloween.

I always think of glitz and glitter when I see these fabulous Mardi gras masks and I was dying to use the gown die to create a glittery ball gown to go with a swanky mask LOL!

Decided to go with the classic and dramatic red, black and white colour combo after tripping across this wonderful, sparkly red paper I got at my local dollar store last year.  I die cut just the bodice of the gown in red using the Gown die and then die cut one out of white and stamped it.  Then, I used the Mask die to die cut the red masks and the rest of the mask ensemble.  I fussy cut the feathers, added some red bling to the dress to glitz it up a bit, and embossed the background.

I learned a great "trick" from "Jedi Julee" for proper placement of the tassels to the mask.  Simply stamp the mask in VersaMark where you want it to be on your card, and then stamp the tassels on the mask so when you place the die cut mask over top, they are perfectly placed.  Brilliant idea, Julee, thank you!  Needless to say, I had great fun creating this card :) 

Want to see whose card using this week's sketch I spotlighted this week?  Head on over to the Viva La Verve blog and find out! 




What's In It?
Stamps:   Masquerade (Verve Stamps) 
Paper:  Black, Sparkly Red (Dollar Store)   
Ink:   Black
Accessories:   Gown and Masks Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Nat Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Bling, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Nancy said...

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! Yes I am shouting! :)

LesLee said...

Beautiful Card..

Sue Crease said...

Lovely card and great use of the sketch.
Sue

cm said...

Talk about unique images - and you've worked magic with them! So striking...
~c

Janeen said...

elegant mask

Stacy Morgan said...

Wow... this is dramatic and fun. Great new stamp set and Verve has Dies now... oh boy!
Playing catch up today. Hope you are doing well and enjoying the beautiful fall weather. :-)

nwilliams6 said...

Pretty glitter die cuts and colors Marisa! You are using these new toys beautifully. Hugz!

Linda Callahan said...

Total knockout!