Friday, October 23, 2015

Verve October 2015 Release Spotlight Hop ~ Day 2

Welcome back to Day 2 of Verve's October 2015 Spotlight Hops!  The Verve Divas are back for another day of spotlighting the new release! It's release day and everything you've seen spotlighted yesterday and today is available to order in the Verve store!

Due to manufacturing delays the Good Work set is available as a pre-order only. The Just Breathe set has limited quantities with more on the way very soon. Stay tuned next week on the Verve Blog for four days of spotlights from some very special Guest Divas, then we'll wrap things up with a Release in Review Hop next Friday!

Today's spotlight is shining on the Good Work set, coordinating Good Work Flower Die Set and the Psalm 150:6 plain jane. Also releasing today is our beautiful Frosted Snowfall Sequin Mix.

If you have come here from Charmaine's blog you are right on track.  If  you just happened upon the Hop, today's hop list is a bit lower down or you can head over to Verve Blog for the full Hop List.

VR Oct 2015 Good Work photo VROct2015GoodWork.jpg  

Absolutely LOVE the verses in Good Work!!  Squeee!!!  Will be using them a ton as they are such powerful and life breathing verses.  I chose to showcase this fabulous sentiment on my cared because it mirrors my life verse of Philippians 1:6 -- "for I am confident in this very thing, that He who has began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus".  Such  joy and freedom in knowing I am a work in progress :)   Pulled out some of my hoarded Simple Stories paper for this card as I just adore this pattern and colour combination, created a little tag for the sentiment, added a few leaves for a punch of colour and a bit of yummy olive seam binding ribbon from Spring Fling.  Can't wait to give this to my daughter as a little pick me surprise along with her favorite Starbucks drink. 

VR Oct 2015 Psalm 150:6 photo VROct2015Psalm150.jpg

For my second card I used the new Psalm 150:6 Plain Jane.  Another fabulous verse indeed :)   A mix of Basic Grey and American Craft papers created the base of the card.  Used a tag for the verse and over stamped it with the wheat image from Good Work.  Added a few butterflies as the papers reminded me of spring.



Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for a little more about our new products and all the prize info and deadlines!

Good WorkPsalm 150:6
Good Work Flower Die SetFrosted Snowfall Sequin Mix

Day 1 Hop List
1. Julee6. Maureen
2. Teresa7. Amber
3. Charmaine8. Andrea
4. Marisa 9. Laurie
5. Stacey10. Christyne


Time to head on over to Stacey's blog to see her wonderful creation for today's hop. 













What's In It?

First Card:
Stamps:  Good Work (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  The Story of Us (Simple Stories), Old Olive, Going Grey (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black, More Mustard (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Medium Scalloped Die and Edger Die (PTI), Crimper (Fiskars), 5/8"  Spring Fling Olive Seambinding (Verve Stamps), Black and White Half Pearls (Michael's), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

Second Card:
Stamps:  Psalm 150:6 Plain Jane, Good Work (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Procelain (Basic Grey), Letterbox (American Craft), Creamy Caramel, Rose Romance (Stampin' Up)  
Ink:  Black, Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle Dies (Lil' Inkers), Label and Doily Dies (PTI), Butterfly Die (My Favorite Things), 1" Green Grosgrain Ribbon (Michael's), Button, Twine, Black Half Pearls (Michael's), Dimensionals

49 comments:

Hetty said...

Absolutely beautifulcards.

Tricia T said...

What an amazing showcase today. I love these verses and your cards are wonderful! I'm thankful to be a work in progress, too!! :)

Heather said...

Love the colors. Beautiful cards.

SewPaperPaint said...

Do I ever want to win some shiny new Verve!!! I just love the fall combo of the top card, your daughter will love this! The second card is just as beautiful! You're on a roll...

Bajalizzy said...

I like both cards (actually love all your cards this year) but the black polka dot paper background is especially striking with this sentiment's font type and embellishments

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! I'm just thrilled with this release. I love the softly stamped wheat under the sentiment on that second card.

Tammy said...

Beautiful cards! I agree that the Good Works stamp set is fantastic! I can't wait to order it.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! These are both terrific! I love that bright, fresh color and the crisp design! Very pretty!
Take Care!
Michele

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards Marisa. Love them both, especially the sentiments on each one and pretty papers.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are both so beautiful, Marisa!

Kim T said...

Can't wait to get these! Beautiful cards!!

Donna Oates said...

Marisa, I always look forward to seeing your work. Both cards are so lovely. Not sure which I like best, but the scripture is one of my favorites, but the colors on both are perfect. Love the layers and elements, too!

Cindi said...

Beautiful cards! I love your colors.

Rhonda said...

Bright colors and fabulous sentiments = Beautiful.

Bonnie said...

Both of these are beautiful, Marisa! Love these verses!

Nancy said...

Your first card for your daughter is unbelievably beautiful!!! I can't get over how well the black polka dotted paper works so well! Great job my friend! Your second card is beautiful too! Love the pink buttons and butterflies....perfectly placed to draw in the eye! Well done Marisa!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Just beautiful! Love the design of your first card, Marisa!

Kris B said...

Both cards are so pretty! Love the colors and patterns and the sentiments are awesome!

Sue D. said...

Nice paper designs you have used and I like the fall colors for this time of year.

McStamper said...

Love your great cards.

Danielle Dietz said...

Both cards are terrific. Love the subtle colors. :)

Heather said...

Two beautiful cards! I really love that first one; the papers are fabulous and I love the little leaves.

Alma Dirpaul said...

You're cards are so serene. Beautiful work.
Thanks for the giveaway.

Sillyfilly said...

Love your cards. I am really liking this release.

Unknown said...

Love your use of green in both cards - the sentiments are so sweet too!

Amy C. said...

Beautiful card designs! I love these encouraging sentiments!

Janelle said...

Wow! Your first card is Perfect for Fall...just lovely. And your second card is just so Happy. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Natalie said...

Awesome job on your cards they are adorable!

snazzyjj said...

Love your color choices and designs. Such beautiful cards.

SHartl said...

Your cards are both so beautiful and I really love the uplifting sentiments.

Lynn said...

I've purchased the whole release...love, love, love it!

sharrilou said...

Simply beautiful. The sentiments on these cards are awesome.

Katia said...

both cards are so beautiful!!!

Lisa Kind said...

Your cards are beautiful Marisa! I love the colors you chose for the first one!

Christine said...

Both your cards have such beautiful layers. Love the new sentiments!

Maureen said...

such uplifting cards today!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Marisa :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Beautiful cards! Hugs

creative lady said...

Love your cards and the layouts are marvelous!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Marisa, these are beautiful cards, and I just love the verses! Such encouraging Scripture! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Each card is lovely! The latest & DP mix is fabulous :-)

Sue D said...

wonderful card designs for these verses.

Lesley said...

One Fall and one Spring! Gorgeous inspiration. I always love your clean and fresh work, Marisa! Lovely stamp release! Hugs!

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful cards, Marisa! Such pretty colors and layouts and I love the little details like the leaves and butterflies.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are really nice..great job!! So sweet I am sure your daughter loved her gift!! Hugs, Jennifer:)

Greta said...

Your work is just wonderful! I really love the first card--double tiny pearls on the scalloped piece is such a great look!

Darlene Gabriel said...

These are both so beautiful! The second one with the wheat is wonderful.The verse is perfect. I love the tag you've created on this card. The first one has such wonderful colours.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - I want these - they are sooo inspirational and you made some great cards with them. Little mini sermons here! Fun. Hugz

cm said...

As usual, I'm late for even having a chance at winning some 'shiny new Verve' but that's okay, because I'm very much a winner in seeing these gorgeous new sentiments, showcased with flair and style! Two stunning cards, Marisa...and yes, the sentiments are so uplifting! Love that you've created the first for your daughter; she'll adore it, as do I!
hugs~c