Monday, January 11, 2016

Mojo Monday #430

Mojo 430 photo Mojo430pic.jpg

It is Mojo Monday time today, and Julee has provided this great sketch for us to work with this week.

I wanted to created a Valentine's Day card for my stash -- or more truthfully, just wanted to play with hearts as I just love them!  Pulled out some Devoted Carta Bella papers and accented them with blue and a few pops of red.

Love this sentiment from Stronger Love!  It is so, so true!  Certain people can bring out the best in us and sometimes show us a side of ourselves we never knew we had.  Added a few hearts from Heart Quartet and couldn't resist leaving me crimper out of the mix.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


I finally got some much needed down time this weekend and boy did it feel good!!  December was abnormally busy for us due to some unforeseen circumstances popping up, and a month of way too much socializing and activity, paired with a busy time at work, just about sent this introvert off the deep end.  Thankfully, I was able to recharge this weekend.  I stayed home, had a jammie day, spent time in my craft room, read, and didn't interact with anyone other than family - and then only when it was necessary LOL!!  Just what I needed as I am feeling much more like myself.  The joys of being an introvert and needing down time to stay sane.

Enjoy the sketch and have a fabulous day!






What Is In It?
Stamps:  Stronger Love (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Devoted (Carta Bella), Cool Caribbean, Going Grey (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Black
Accessories:  Heart Quartet (A Cut Above by Verve), Lacy Circle and Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Heart Punch (Marvy), Crimper (Fiskars), Button, Twine, Black Half Pearls, Glue Dot, Dimensinoals

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I hear you on needing down time. So glad you got some...definitely need to recharge! Love your sweet card...the sentiments from that set are some of my all time favorite.

JoAnn said...

So pretty Marisa. Love papers and the hearts.

Anonymous said...

Great card - I love the sentiment!

Wanda Cullen said...

You and me...both happy to be playing with hearts again! Beautiful papers and love this great sentiment. So happy you got some down time this w/e! I had a lazy Sunday afternoon/evening as well and loved it!

Greta said...

Love that quote & all the elements on your card--beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marisa so glad you got some down time, and I can totally relate! Your card is beautiful. Love your papers and that sentiment is fabulous!

Gisela said...

Great sentiment, love the card and colors.

cm said...

My introvert self needs exactly what you've described: down time, quiet time, crafting time, solitude time (aside from my husband and family, of course). Your hubbub of activities would definitely see me going off the deep end! Your card: gorgeous! A fabulous selection and arrangement of papers and elements to bring us to the star of the stage: the wonderful sentiment! WOW...
Hugs~c

Kim S said...

From a fellow introvert - SO glad you could get some time to yourself. I'm not as nice as you are though, sometimes I even make my family stay away. I love them dearly but they are often my biggest energy drain.

I love how you have shown off this sentiment. It's so nice with the patterns, the doily, the corrugated banner, etc.

nwilliams6 said...

I did the same thing but did it on Monday (it was a holiday) - we need that time and nothing makes stamping better than jammies. I go on a 3 day retreat every year where you have to wear your jammies and craft the whole time (or take naps). Your card is beautiful - that sentiment melts my heart. Many hugz